Font Size

Menu Style

Cpanel

All Saints Church, Woolley

Woolley Church CharlcombeAll Saints Church, Woolley dates from 1761 and was built by John Wood, the Younger on the site of an earlier Norman church. It is a Grade 1 listed building. The church has a distinctive bell tower with an octagonal cupola.

The church contains 2 plaques giving thanks for the safe return of all 13 men from Woolley who fought in the First World War and all 15 in the Second World War. Woolley is thus one of the 52 “Thankful Villages” and one of only 14 “Doubly Thankful Villages”. On 4 August 2014, in commemoration of the centenary of the outbreak of the First World War, Cllr Martin Veal, Chairman of B&NES Council, unveiled a "Thankful Village" plaque in the Church Garden.

All Saints Woolley forms part of the benefice of Bath St Saviour with Swainswick and Woolley.

Please note that Charlcombe is a civil Parish and Charlcombe Parish Council does not have any involvement in the administration of the 3 churches within the Parish. For information, including details of church services, please refer to the relevant church website.

 

You are here: Home Notice Board Local Organisations Notice Board All Saints Church, Woolley